Peckwood symbol

Background

Peck Wood is a residential centre set in 19 acres of beautiful ancient woodland in the North Worcestershire countryside, close to Alvechurch, 12 miles from the centre of Birmingham and 3 miles from the M42.

Mr.J.A. Patrick of Patrick Motors, donated Peck Wood to the Methodist Church in 1948 to provide holidays, training and educational opportunities for children, youth workers and the general community.

Peck Wood is a registered charity run on Christian principles and is currently managed by the Bromsgrove and Redditch Circuit of the Methodist Church (5/18).

Who Uses the Wood?

The historical understanding of the deed of gift is that the site enables deprived children to have holidays . The management endeavour to be faithful to this understanding as far as possible. They can and do however cater for many other groups. The site is recognised as a suitable site for uniformed organisations,( including Brownies), youth clubs and church groups to come for weekends or full weeks.

There is scope for school and woodcraft folk to come for ecology and environmental studies. An educational booklet "Peck Wood in the National Curriculum" is available on request.

Back to Top